Providing Efficient Solutions To Estate Administration
The estate administration process is complex. With the right lawyer, this process can be both smooth and efficient. When you have lost a loved one, the last thing you need to worry about is handling the estate administration process. At Hoffmeyer & Semmelman, L.L.C., we are here to guide you through every step of dispersing the decedent’s estate in a prompt manner. Contact us today to learn how we can help you manage your loved one’s estate.
Transferring Estate Assets To Beneficiaries
The administration of an estate involves managing the process of transferring an estate to the beneficiaries. The lawyers on our team work hard to make certain that your estate is handled efficiently and rapidly. Some of our estate administration services include:
- Opening the estate – Filing the will or opening an intestate estate with the appropriate government agency.
- Safeguarding and gathering assets – We perform whatever tasks are needed to make certain all assets of the deceased are both gathered and protected.
- Notification – We act to notify the heirs and beneficiaries of the estate to make certain that all appropriate parties are aware of their inheritance.
- Reports – Estate administrators file reports with the Register of Wills and Clerk of Orphans’ Court throughout the process until the estate is closed.
- Payments – We manage the payment of any appropriate expenses and/or debts that must be paid out. This includes handling Pennsylvania and federal estate taxes.
- Closing the estate – This is the process of providing a formal accounting and providing all necessary documentation to all of the involved parties to the estate.
Managing Probate And The Estate Administration Process
When people think of the word probate, they frequently assume that means going to court. Most of the time, it will be unnecessary for anyone but your attorney to attend court for the probate process. This is the benefit of retaining counsel. Your lawyer can make certain that everything that is required is handled appropriately.
Estate Administration Fee Structure
When performing as lawyers for the estate administration process, the fees come directly from the estate. All court fees are also paid from the estate as well. This is why it is critical that you retain lawyers who know how to complete the administration quickly to avoid charging the estate an unreasonable amount of money. Our estate planning lawyers have substantial experience in managing estates, know the law, and know how to move through probate both smoothly and quickly.
Contact Us Now For Help With Estate Administration
Let Hoffmeyer & Semmelman’s estate administration attorneys focus on helping you during this difficult time of loss. Contact us today by calling 717-846-8846 or using our online form. We can assist you by making certain that the estate for which you are responsible and to which you are entitled is properly handled. We have law offices in York, Shrewsbury and Mount Wolf for your convenience.